Monday, September 27, 2010

Nicki Minaj: Hip Hop Oddity


Nicki Minaj is no stranger to that whole Do-You philosophy that I love so much. Minaj made the cover of OUT magazine's September issue and what she had to say comes as no surprise to her fans. “People who like me -- they’ll listen to my music, and they’ll know who I am. I just don’t like that people want you to say what you are, who you are. I just am. I do what the fuck I want to do. [...] The point is, everyone is not black and white. There are so many shades in the middle, and you’ve got to let people feel comfortable with saying what they want to say when they want to say it. I don’t want to feel like I’ve got the gun pointed at my head and you’re about to pull the trigger if I don’t say what you want to hear. I just want to be me and do me.”

Minaj is one of the few rappers to make it to the top while being expressly pro-women at the same time. Needless to say, her gay following is extensive, and she's not ashamed of us. Check out her spread and video interview at OUT.




"I’m plottin’ on how I can take Cassie away from Diddy"  -Nicki Minaj

No comments:

Post a Comment