Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Goal Setting


I love beautiful discoveries. Last night, I made the beautiful discovery of finding the blog Zen Habits by Leo Babauta. I'm completing his beginner's guide right now and the first article I read was "10 Benefits of Rising Early and How to Do It." And now I sit here before you, on my balcony in Atlanta, having already been up for nearly two hours with no job to get to (I thought I owed it to myself to at the very least witness my first Georgia sunrise). Then, I read "Get Off Your Butt: 16 Ways to Get Motivated When You're in a Slump." And of course, now I'm all motivated and pumped and junk. My next stop: "The Simple, Ridiculously Useful Guide to Earning a Living from Your Passion." Leo says one way to reach a goal is to announce it to everyone so that you get off your bum and get it done, otherwise, you will feel like an ass for letting everyone down. Here goes!

What I know:
I've wanted to start my own affordable t-shirt line exclusively for women for well over a year now. This t-shirt line would be a stepping stone for other apparel and accessories.

What I'm Doing:
Setting mini-goals (Leo says by setting small goals, you will be less afraid of failure. Eventually, these small goals will add up to big accomplishments. I want to believe the man) in order to reach my ultimate goal (see above).

My Goal:
By the end of October, I want to have sewn one t-shirt. In order to reach this goal, I will need to save up for equipment and materials, as well as conduct the necessary research in sewing t-shirts. This can be done.

There it is, folks! Lady just publicly set a goal. And now I have to reach it... because I'm prideful like that. And this sunrise can do better. Actually, I think my balcony is facing north... I'm missing all the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment