Friday, November 19, 2010

Forever 21: Guilt Trip

There's something not right about Forever 21. Something is seriously off. I can walk through that store, hate 90% of their clothes and love the other 10%. There's no middle ground. And all the while I'm asking myself questions like... why are these pants $14? Why is this sweater $5 more expensive than those pants? And why is this winter coat the same price as that sweater?? It's stores like this one that make me feel taken advantage of (as someone with an inadequate income). And... well... they've taken things a step farther. I don't know how long Heritage 1981 has been around, but I experienced them for the first time here in Atlanta. I sit here in front of my computer screen, lounging in my $22 pull-over sweater which is almost twice the amount I paid for a pair of cream corduroys from them. It's the type of store that makes me want to start a cardigan collection... I'm pretty sure I don't like cardigans. Maybe I should give them a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment