Wednesday, November 24, 2010

{THIS}

When I saw this video, my heart exploded. It exploded! And my soul ached. This is the most beautiful thing I've seen in the queer/trans community in a long time. And it's made me realize how severely disconnected from youth I am right now. I mentioned before that the "It Gets Better" project is great! But not enough. Not immediate enough. Not tangible enough. And that bullying is NOT the underlying issue. Queer/trans youth are finally getting together and speaking to US, not just to the people and institutions that are the problem, about what they need. They need this...

[*Squeal* to the "We will not be silent" shirt.]

ALSO! Put This on the Map is raising funds to tour the country and to start RETEACHING! Their goal is $10,000. So far they've reached $770. Every little bit counts. It would only take 10,000 of us at $1 each to reach this goal. So if you can, please lend a helping hand... or you know... dollar. 


The National Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Trans Suicide Hotline:  
1-866-4-U-TREVOR

No comments:

Post a Comment