Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm Back on Tumblr

Taken by me. My name is Lydia.
I couldn't stay away. It's just too gay and colored to pass up. I promise this tumblog is long-term. My last one was too contrived. This one actually serves a purpose. For those of you who don't know, my Canon Rebel XT was stolen. So, I'm compensating with my iPhone (Instagram and Hipstamatic. Look it up.). It serves one purpose in two ways. The first is to visually get my creative juices flowing, i.e., trying really hard to take great, spontaneous pictures using a phone. The second is to release creative energy being injected into my veins from beautiful people and reading books, i.e., writing haikus. Yay, creativity!

A note on reading books:

Books keep me sane. They are ESSENTIAL TO MY SANITY. I first made this discovery reading the Bible way back in my Jesus Freak days. I used to think it was just the Bible that made me better. But nay. It's knowledge and positive energy. Think Napoleon Hill and Thich Nhat Hanh and Russell Simmons and Alice Walker and soon some Audre Lorde. And yes, Jesus still counts. Contrary to popular belief, he was a cool dude. These people battle my dark side for me. Also, I'm hoping to compensate (word of the day) for my demons with some meditation. (Did that sentence make sense?)

Anyway, check me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment