Sunday, October 24, 2010

But I'm a Cheerleader [****]


 Maybe I just like sarcastic, comedic flicks because I loved But I'm a Cheerleader (1999) just about as much as I loved D.E.B.S. Plenty of things made this movie for me: hilariously bad kisses with boys, subtle yet amusing interactions and exchanges, girl-on-girl action, the ridiculous(?) fact that I actually relate to some of the situations in coming-out movies like this one, and Andre.

But I'm a Cheerleader is about a cheerleader who's sent away to a rehab camp for gays after her friends, family and boyfriend suspect her to be a lesbian. There she inevitably comes to terms with her sexuality (not in a way the camp would like but that we're all hoping for), falls for one of her camp-mates, and you know the drill... drama ensues.

If you haven't gotten around to watching this flick, it's a good one to get the girls (and bois) together for a movie night. I love movie nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment