Monday, December 27, 2010

Wardrobe Yearning: The Double-Breasted Cardigan

More anguish. Always more anguish. This time, I want a sweater (I mean, I always want a sweater but this one in particular). 

Express's Double-Breasted Military Cardigan

I went home to Lafayette (within the Little France region of Louisiana) for Christmas and got to relish in my relatives' company. My favorite part of going home for the holidays is seeing my family get together and being reminded of how oversized we are. I boast almost 30 aunts and uncles, and give/take 50 first-cousins. Seeing them congregate makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Two cousins in particular got me coveting: one wore a double-breasted sweater, the other a wool(!) marching band inspired jacket (it's supposedly military inspired but I don't see it). They were both purchased from Express. Express never impresses me. Never. Their menswear borders on uniforms and their womenswear looks uncomfortable. But now, I must admit, their sweaters and outerwear are singing a little song to me this season. In particular, I want a double-breasted cardigan (with a shawl collar). A girl can and will dream...

DIESEL's 'K-Jack' Double Breasted Cardigan

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, with the return of the Dbl Breast I am tempted to break out the old Canali Double Breasted Suits from the back of the closet. I'm teetering on the idea of happiness in relish for keeping these articles. I have been requested to tailor my blog to a more fashion oriented forum. I'll try to keep up. Well done sis, very well done.

    ReplyDelete